There ain't nobody out there walking :(

A place for walkers to discuss their unique needs
KaTyBrown
Bruce Kidd

There ain't nobody out there walking :(

Postby KaTyBrown » Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:30 pm

Too cold here in the east right now and winds picking up gusting to 70km later this afternoon. :shock:

Is Spring really coming? I want to get out and walk (my hubby does) but it is icy out there. He walks daily about 60min - even in this cold! Must be a Walking Maniac at heart - not a quick walk just a nice, leisurely, coldish walk with his balaclava.

Take care all.

eme
Lynn Williams

Postby eme » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:20 pm

I agree, my poor dog hasn't even gotten a walk lately - it is way too cold!

Colleen

luvmybabies
Johnny Miles

Postby luvmybabies » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:57 pm

Outside NOOOOO, inside on my treadmill, nice and warm. Unfortunately I have been under the weather for a few days so I have missed a few walks, hopefully I can get in a few extras this week as I am feeling better. Nope, my dog does not like this weather either, she is a princess though, after stepping outside for 2 minutes she starts shifting from paw to paw, ooooh tooooo cold!
Bridie

"I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see."
John Burroughs

KaTyBrown
Bruce Kidd

Postby KaTyBrown » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:54 am

Still waiting for the cold spell to break! I have problems breathing in the deep cold - even putting a scarf over my mouth/nose doesn't work - guess I am an asthma wimp. Oh well. Spring is coming then look out for me I will hit the streets once again.
:wink:

bruyere
Abby Hoffman

Postby bruyere » Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:41 am

KaTyBrown wrote:Still waiting for the cold spell to break! I have problems breathing in the deep cold - even putting a scarf over my mouth/nose doesn't work - guess I am an asthma wimp. Oh well. Spring is coming then look out for me I will hit the streets once again.
:wink:

Good!!! :)
"I was thinking of you yesterday as I was running through the woods. As I jumped over a fallen tree I said "If I were [bruyere], I'd be bleeding by now"." - Turd Ferguson

La
Kevin Sullivan

Postby La » Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:32 pm

Well, I might have to join you on the walking front until my back heals up. I hate not being able to be active. :( I just have to decide whether it's worth it to brave the cold and snow tomorrow night.
"Maybe I will be my own inspiration." - UltraMonk (Laura)
"Everywhere is walking distance if you have enough time." - Steven Wright

KaTyBrown
Bruce Kidd

Postby KaTyBrown » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:32 pm

La wrote:Well, I might have to join you on the walking front until my back heals up. I hate not being able to be active. :( I just have to decide whether it's worth it to brave the cold and snow tomorrow night.

Lesley, you had better take it easy and NOT WALK tomorow night. One slip in the snow and you will be worse off than what you are now :cry:
Take it from one who knows about stepping incorrectly, whether it be snow or just plain old ground, it takes a longggg time to heal properly and you do not want to jeopardize your running career :shock:
Stay quiet for a few more days - tape the soaps and watch them lying down with a glass of wine beside the bed :wink:

Heal quickly! here are some healing vibes.. ((()))
Karen

La
Kevin Sullivan

Postby La » Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:23 am

Yes, given the dump of snow we got last night, I will not be venturing out for a walk this evening. Hopefully things will get cleaned up by the weekend and I can get out then. Of course, it's more dependant on how my back actually feels. Right now, it's still a little dodgy. :?

Thanks for the healing vibes, Karen. :)
"Maybe I will be my own inspiration." - UltraMonk (Laura)
"Everywhere is walking distance if you have enough time." - Steven Wright

RA.
Kevin Sullivan

Postby RA. » Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:26 am

I'm not walking either, and I miss it. Staying at Mom's, I have access to her car since she can't drive it. Now I am driving everywhere. I'll walk next week again, once she is up and moving a bit more, and this cold weather breaks.
Life is short. Stop whining!!- Jwolf

Return to “Walking”