Helloooooo?????

A place for walkers to discuss their unique needs
mischa
Percy Williams

Postby mischa » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:16 am

... wake up sleepy walkers... anybody doing any events this fall? done any events this fall? still walking? or hibernating? :lol:

Suez
Percy Williams

Postby Suez » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:29 am

I am on a bit of a walk break since the Toad. I have done a lot of walking and a ton of races this summer, I am tired! I am going to the gym, working on my cycling legs for MTBing next summer. The plan is to do some MTB races next year, but really need to work on my climbing strength.

I am heading off to the sunny south for a couple of weeks, I will take my walking stuff and Garmin, see how many km's I can clock while down there. I keep telling people after yesterdays snow, "I am not coming back, see you in the spring"! :lol:

mischa
Percy Williams

Postby mischa » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:06 am

...and she's not kidding!

mischa
Percy Williams

Postby mischa » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:11 pm

hmm... am i the only one reading or posting here?

dragged out the RACING PAWS (new set of rubber asphalt paws for the nordic poles) last sunday and did the 5k at niagara, zippy time for me with a PB of 57:37 .. its taken me YEARS (literally, years!) to get from the 60minute mark down to this awesome time of 57 and I'm still basking in it .. and taking it easy with some "level" 2ks at lunchtime these days (used to do 3ks up/down hills), letting the legs settle down and get back to normal ... off to tackle trails at Sulphur Springs (Dundas/Ancaster) on Saturday, should be fun!

Suez
Percy Williams

Postby Suez » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:55 pm

Is this turning into the Mischa and Suez thread? where is everyone???

I am here in the sunny south, the beach is fantastic, DH is getting geared up for IM on Saturday, and life in my little world is good.

I have not taken may garmin out, but have been walking 1 hour down the beach, and 1 hour back. Can't really tell how far that is by time.....the shell collection is growing, the bit of wave action earlier in the week have tossed a lot of fantastic shells up on the beach, so more of a saunter than a full out power walk.
:wink:
Will do the 2 hour walk again tomorrow, but Saturday will be busy being sherpa and bell ringer at IMF, long day, but sooooo worth it! :D

mischa
Percy Williams

Postby mischa » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:13 am

speaking of bell ringing... the announcer at Niagara last week kept calling out over and over again "more cowbell! we need more cowbell!"

i guess they need you there next year..

:wink:

KaTyBrown
Bruce Kidd

Postby KaTyBrown » Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:07 pm

I'm here but not able to walk until toe surgery all healed and not bothering me wearing shoes. Can wear my runners but not for very long.
Trying hard not to notice wearing shoes but right now sitting at computer bare feet with wiggly toes :lol:

In time, in time I will be back on the roads. Bear with me - I promise......

Karen
Karen, my 3 Girls' Nana

Suez
Percy Williams

Postby Suez » Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:57 pm

I am with Karen, taking a bit of time from walking, no injury, just need a bit of a break.

I have been enjoying the gym, but I have no idea how people can train on a treadmill, now I know how my hampster felt. The weights are fantastic, but one mile on that treadmill is about all I can take.

I need a goal, so will start training for "something", December 1st, will look to see what is out there for the spring, something different, not the same old, same old. There is a 25km trail race in my area around the 20th of April, maybe that should be my goal. :D Hummmm, wonder why it is called MUD Puppy????? :lol:

noload
Percy Williams

Postby noload » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:46 am

I've walk 2km today its so soothing. with the fresh air and warm sun :lol:

KaTyBrown
Bruce Kidd

Postby KaTyBrown » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:17 pm

Oh boy! Well, no walking for me in the near and probably distant future.
I have been having physio for what was thought to be PF but now
as no better have been advised to see a ortho foot surgeon.

After 6 treatments it is not really any better. There is a lump at the inside of the right heel which hurts when touched. My PT thinks could be a bursa and does not want to treat anymore until seen by a surgeon. Perhaps a cortisone shot will help or ....who knows what? Now ------- how darn long will I have to wait to see the surgeon? Not more than 3 weeks, I am told but....it is to get into see my own family doctor to get the referral.

Achh....the darn medical system :twisted: anyway, not on the streets yet I am so tempted just to get out there but I know two houses later I would be almost crawling home.

Take care all - remember, Nana is watching you all so be good..heehee

Karen
Karen, my 3 Girls' Nana

NewFinnLoper
Jerome Drayton

Postby NewFinnLoper » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:37 am

KaTyBrown wrote:Oh boy! Well, no walking for me in the near and probably distant future.
I have been having physio for what was thought to be PF but now
as no better have been advised to see a ortho foot surgeon.

After 6 treatments it is not really any better. There is a lump at the inside of the right heel which hurts when touched. My PT thinks could be a bursa and does not want to treat anymore until seen by a surgeon. Perhaps a cortisone shot will help or ....who knows what? Now ------- how darn long will I have to wait to see the surgeon? Not more than 3 weeks, I am told but....it is to get into see my own family doctor to get the referral.

Achh....the darn medical system :twisted: anyway, not on the streets yet I am so tempted just to get out there but I know two houses later I would be almost crawling home.

Take care all - remember, Nana is watching you all so be good..heehee

Karen

How TOTALLY frustrating for you!!! :(
Take care and heal/heel up...the streets will be waiting :)
22 halfs (PR 1:42:02) :)
5 full (PR 3:48:21)
...and a smattering of adventure and trail races thrown in for good measure!
--------------------------
All running is on hold until further notice .... :0(

Return to “Walking”