Success!

A place for walkers to discuss their unique needs
luvmybabies
Johnny Miles

Success!

Postby luvmybabies » Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:00 pm

Yeh, I was actually able to get in some walks. Yesterday for about 40 minutes. I had my older boy at daycare yesterday and my little one actually slept in his bouncy chair for the whole 40 minutes. Today I fed them both, changed them both, loaded them up in the car with the double stroller and went out with a friend to challenge the hills of Erin. I always hear RobbieT talking about hill work and now I know what he was talking about, pushing a double stroller up one of our hills has got to do something for the gluts :dance: Now do I still get my half hour of free time tonight? Maybe I will use it for some pampering :shifty: Any other walkers out there today?
Bridie

"I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see."
John Burroughs

pts
Lynn Williams

Postby pts » Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:10 pm

Way to go Bridie! :D 40 minutes is pretty impressive for just starting out, and on hills no less!

I would use the half hour tonight to have a bath, reading a book in the bath, music on to block out Robbie-T and the boys noise (and a glass of wine or some chocolate).

Its friday, time to splurge on your "me" time :D

dgrant
Lynn Williams

Postby dgrant » Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:11 pm

Nice going Bridie! 8)

turd ferguson
Ben Johnson

Postby turd ferguson » Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:15 pm

My little guy (8 mo) and I are going for a long walk in his RR Chariot. Kernels, Lulu, who knows??
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams

bnn
Jerome Drayton

Postby bnn » Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:16 pm

Good job!
Just call me the thread killa

Iron-North
Jerome Drayton

Postby Iron-North » Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:21 pm

Yahoo! You did it!!!

Me too! I did walk for 40 minutes last night! twas awesome! Spring is springing!! :D
Always North of something ...

Ironman Cozumel 2014
Vancouver to Inuvik on bike 2014

runjanerun
Jerome Drayton

Postby runjanerun » Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:52 pm

Way to go Bridie!! And pushing a double stroller up and down the hills -- that sounds like a real good upper body work out too!!

I vaguely remember having two little babies -- back in 1983 after Heather was born. Julie and Heather were 15 months apart and it was hard just getting everything done for them that needed to be done! You are to be commended for actually making the time to get out there and walk! Good for you and keep it up!
Jane

RunDiva
Bill Crothers

Postby RunDiva » Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:58 pm

Way to go Bridie!
Sounds like a great work out.
Enjoy your "me" time!

Robbie-T
Jerome Drayton

Postby Robbie-T » Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:10 pm

Yeah you Rock!!!
Mississauga Marathon - 2:52
Around the Bay - 1:58
Click>> Race History
ItsMyRun.com

"If I'm running, it will be a good run" - Robbie-T

"I just hope that people look at it and say, 'Hey if this yahoo can do it, then I can do it too.' That'd be cool if people thought that. It's just a matter of putting the miles in and working. It's not so much how much talent you have. I hope." - Brian Sell.

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the Gift." - Pre

luvmybabies
Johnny Miles

Postby luvmybabies » Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:43 pm

Wow! Thank-you everyone! This is really very motivating. Erin, a nice bath,wine, a good book, chocolate, music!! That sounds heavenly :clap:
Bridie

"I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see."

John Burroughs

Doonst
Abby Hoffman

Postby Doonst » Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:26 pm

luvmybabies wrote:Wow! Thank-you everyone! This is really very motivating. Erin, a nice bath,wine, a good book, chocolate, music!! That sounds heavenly :clap:

I thhoght for a sec you meant Erin the town, as part of your heavenly night!
next up:

This broken wing will fly again
One fine day
This blackbird's mute gonna sing again
One fine day

So all you sinners come out
And all you drunkards crawl out
Come into the light of one fine day

Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jwolf » Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:43 pm

Way to go, Bridie!

It's great when you feel like you actually can do something for yourself. :)
Support me in my fundraising for the Boston Marathon, Boston Public Library team:
https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign ... iferwolf11

luvmybabies
Johnny Miles

Postby luvmybabies » Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:18 am

Doonst, I do love Erin but not really my idea of a part of a magical night. Jwolf, yes doing something for yourself can be very rewarding at a time like this as you probably already know it is easy to lose your me time. I did get to do a little indoor gardening and paint my toenails :P Oh Yah!
Bridie

John Burroughs

KaTyBrown
Bruce Kidd

Postby KaTyBrown » Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:09 pm

:clap: Yeah Bridie!

Now for sure make time for yourself tonight - bath, candles, wine, good book and let the "other person" :D do the nightly chores.

Walking and pushing a double will be a good workout for sure especially on hills. Maybe I should rent one and use it.... nah,,, think I will just walk up and down the hills and let the 'Mother-legs' get their workout that way.

Enjoy this gorgeous weather - tomorrow here in Montreal about 20c or so. I am doing an 18Km practice for Ottawa - better not forget my sunscreen or the freckles will be out and counting.

Karen

luvmybabies
Johnny Miles

Postby luvmybabies » Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:43 pm

Karen, good luck with your 18k practice! You can come and use my double stroller anytime! Contents included. Sounds like you are going to have very nice weather tomorrow, hope we follow with the same soon. It has been sunny but a bit cool. I stay in on my treadmill unless it is at least 60 out :oops:
Bridie

John Burroughs

Ken B
Lynn Williams

Postby Ken B » Fri May 05, 2006 1:03 pm

Doonst, I do love Erin but not really my idea of a part of a magical night

Prats will be devastated!!! :twisted:

Return to “Walking”