Wacky Wednesday

A place for walkers to discuss their unique needs
luvmybabies
Johnny Miles

Wacky Wednesday

Postby luvmybabies » Wed May 03, 2006 7:54 am

Maybe we should have a daily post here too! Might give me a little more pressure to get going so that I can have something impressive to post. I cannot tell a lie either :P Yesterday I went for a one and 1/2 hour double stroller walk and it felt great! It was such a beautiful day. I am hoping to get on the treadmill tonight for about 45 mins if all goes as planned 8) What are the rest of you walkers doing today? :?:
Bridie

"I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see."
John Burroughs

RA.
Kevin Sullivan

Postby RA. » Wed May 03, 2006 8:05 am

I walked my usual 2k into work this morning, and will walk home again tonight. These walks are my sanity breaks. I am always running late for work in the morning, so my walk gives me a good 20-25minutes to just be me.

This morning I discovered my MP3 player in my jacket pocket (had looked for it for a while, causing me to be even later!) and that was a welcome surprise! The air smelled so spring like, and then I had Jack Johnson serenading me, so it was a lovely walk!

I always love walking, but I am even more greatful for it now that I can't run.
Life is short. Stop whining!!- Jwolf

getfit
Jerome Drayton

Postby getfit » Wed May 03, 2006 8:10 am

I remember when my kids were little, I would put them both in the double stroller and we'd walk around town, library, grocery store, etc. They always seemed their most content when I was pushing them and I got a good work out. I have always been a walker, but decided to give running a try 3 years ago. I love it, but unfortunately I'm injury prone. So when I can't get a run in I go for a walk. Last night DH and I walked for about 45 min. It was a beautiful evening. I wasn't ready to call it a night, so when we got home I hopped on my bike and went riding for a 1/2 hour.

This morning I'm planning to go for a very short run. Will probably go for another walk tonight.

Joanne

Ken B
Lynn Williams

Postby Ken B » Wed May 03, 2006 1:20 pm

I went for a nice 12 km walk today at noon. I wrapped it around a visit to Arby's for lunch. 7km there and 5 km back. It is a beautiful day our there today folks! :lol:
Last edited by Ken B on Wed May 03, 2006 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Iron-North
Jerome Drayton

Postby Iron-North » Wed May 03, 2006 1:21 pm

I am so hopping for a walk tonight! Yesterday was crazy all day and I had to make a choice of going to gym for some weights or a walk....sometimes there is too many decisions ta make! :shock: :wink:
Always North of something ...

Ironman Cozumel 2014
Vancouver to Inuvik on bike 2014

RA.
Kevin Sullivan

Postby RA. » Wed May 03, 2006 1:31 pm

The weather here has improved since I got in this morning. It's going to be a lovely walk home in an hour. It's sunny and 14 degrees now! I can't wait.
Life is short. Stop whining!!- Jwolf

Donna
Percy Williams

Postby Donna » Wed May 03, 2006 6:42 pm

A daily post sounds like a great idea!

The weather here today is georgeous. It is 7:30 p.m. and still 21 out there. No walking today for me it is a day off. I did do 6 km last night though.

I am in the 3rd week of my clinic and find following the walking schedule very beneficial. I used to hurt in places I didn't know I had. I feel great now during the walk, after the walk and the next day.

I did "cross-train" today. I had playground detail with the grandkids. I didn't push a double stroller but I did pull a wagon with a pretty hefty 4 yr old up a hill. :lol: As much as they wear me out I am lovin' every minute!

Donna

pts
Lynn Williams

Re: Wacky Wednesday

Postby pts » Thu May 04, 2006 3:43 pm

luvmybabies wrote:Maybe we should have a daily post here too! Might give me a little more pressure to get going so that I can have something impressive to post. I cannot tell a lie either :P Yesterday I went for a one and 1/2 hour double stroller walk and it felt great! It was such a beautiful day. I am hoping to get on the treadmill tonight for about 45 mins if all goes as planned 8) What are the rest of you walkers doing today? :?:

Wow- an hour and a half- that is a long walk for jsut getting back into it! Good work! :D

luvmybabies
Johnny Miles

Postby luvmybabies » Thu May 04, 2006 7:23 pm

Erin, thanks for the encouragement. It really helps. How are you doing these days, are your injuries leaving you alone?Watch out marathon here you come!
Bridie

"I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see."

John Burroughs

ChrisL
Jerome Drayton

Postby ChrisL » Thu May 04, 2006 7:55 pm

Did a quickish 15km in 1:18 tonight. I had to up my pace at the 7km mark because I wanted to buy some sugar-free chocolate covered peanuts at a store close to the house, but it close at 8pm. I figured that if I did not up my pace to 4:55/km, I would not get my treat. I arrived at the store at 7:55pm, but the store was closed. :cry:

Fortunately, the clerk recognized me since I am a regular. :oops:
And I got my 150gm of peanuts. :D
Faster, stronger, meaner....Arrgh, matey!

If you are not first, you're last - Reese Bobby

Irongirl
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Irongirl » Thu May 04, 2006 7:58 pm

psst...Chris...that sounds like a REALLY fast *walk* !! ;)
i run for me.

Number of Maniacs Met: 225!

pts
Lynn Williams

Postby pts » Fri May 05, 2006 7:31 am

luvmybabies wrote:Erin, thanks for the encouragement. It really helps. How are you doing these days, are your injuries leaving you alone?Watch out marathon here you come!

Thanks for asking :D
Knock on wood- I am doing well. I am being cautious and only running every other day and icing like crazy, it seems to be working. Detroit is still the goal!

Chris- your "walk" is faster than my running pace! :?

Return to “Walking”