Fantastic Friday for Walkers!!

A place for walkers to discuss their unique needs
Ken B
Lynn Williams

Fantastic Friday for Walkers!!

Postby Ken B » Fri May 05, 2006 1:06 pm

I am starting a separate thread for those who are walking today! Good day today in the K-W area so far although it is clouding over now! ( 2 PM ) I walked 4.5 km early this morning, wrapped around my Friday run which, as I am tapering, was only 8 km today. Then at lunch I walked a relaxed 9 km to keep the legs loose. Have a super day folks!

Irongirl
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Irongirl » Fri May 05, 2006 2:38 pm

I walked a 5.5 km loop at lunch today! Felt great.

A woman walked passed me really quickly though. I don't know how to walk any faster. :(
i run for me.

Number of Maniacs Met: 225!

Ken B
Lynn Williams

Postby Ken B » Fri May 05, 2006 2:58 pm

don't know how to walk any faster.

And why should you? The neat thing about both running and walking is that you decide how fast or slowly you do it. Never be intiminated by others. :lol:

Irongirl
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Irongirl » Fri May 05, 2006 3:02 pm

tortoise wrote:

And why should you? The neat thing about both running and walking is that you decide how fast or slowly you do it. Never be intiminated by others. :lol:

hmm....good point. I guess it was just weird to be walking (as a runner), I felt slow, and, the competitive part of me came out. I think part of me felt that maybe I wasn't walking fast enough to get the "benefits" of walking is this woman just walked past me like I was standing still.
i run for me.

Number of Maniacs Met: 225!

Iron-North
Jerome Drayton

Postby Iron-North » Fri May 05, 2006 3:47 pm

irongirl wrote:
tortoise wrote:

hmm....good point. I guess it was just weird to be walking (as a runner), I felt slow, and, the competitive part of me came out. I think part of me felt that maybe I wasn't walking fast enough to get the "benefits" of walking is this woman just walked past me like I was standing still.

I know the feeling I'm not use to walk!! Even when I have to walk between buildings while travelling or doing business stuff i usually just run...save time! But this walking thing man!!! All new to me he he! :wink:
Always North of something ...

Ironman Cozumel 2014
Vancouver to Inuvik on bike 2014

pts
Lynn Williams

Postby pts » Sat May 06, 2006 8:58 am

I took some Jack Johnson music out in the afternoon for a 4k walk, i love walking as cross-training!

BG1
Tom Longboat

Postby BG1 » Fri May 12, 2006 10:27 am

Just an easy stroll at lunch to loosen the hips up a bit. I actually feel much better when I'm in motion. It's crawling out of bed in the morning or standing up from my desk after a couple hours that sucks!

Glad to see so many runner enjoying walking. Having done the half-marathon training with the RR walking clinic recently, I've gained a whole new respect for these competitive walkers. Just like you and I got faster at running by doing hills, LSDs and speed workouts, these speedy walkers come by their swift feet honestly.
BG1
Training for life with a toddler!

RA.
Kevin Sullivan

Postby RA. » Fri May 12, 2006 11:21 am

I had a nice walk at lunch too. I walked for 45 minutes, and I didn't walk too fast on the way back this time. It was just so nice to be outside. I can't wait to walk through the gardens on my way to physio tonight. I always rush as fast as I can to get to the gardens, then I slowly walk through and admire the scenery. I can't wait to see my favorite tree today. There is a gorgeous old weeping willow in the park. In the summer, it's so nice and shady under it.
Life is short. Stop whining!!- Jwolf

Dani
Jerome Drayton

Postby Dani » Fri May 12, 2006 1:18 pm

I walked today too.
It is the first time in forever that I walked all alone. Normally I am running or walking with BW.
It was nice.
I used to run. All the time.
Now? Notsomuch.
I'm still a runner, though.
Life is fluid and ever changing. I am too.

Iron-North
Jerome Drayton

Postby Iron-North » Fri May 12, 2006 1:50 pm

Running Angel wrote:I had a nice walk at lunch too. I walked for 45 minutes, and I didn't walk too fast on the way back this time. It was just so nice to be outside. I can't wait to walk through the gardens on my way to physio tonight. I always rush as fast as I can to get to the gardens, then I slowly walk through and admire the scenery. I can't wait to see my favorite tree today. There is a gorgeous old weeping willow in the park. In the summer, it's so nice and shady under it.

Your walk sounds very poetic Running Angel! :D
Always North of something ...

Ironman Cozumel 2014
Vancouver to Inuvik on bike 2014

RA.
Kevin Sullivan

Postby RA. » Fri May 12, 2006 2:11 pm

North of 62 wrote:
Running Angel wrote:I had a nice walk at lunch too. I walked for 45 minutes, and I didn't walk too fast on the way back this time. It was just so nice to be outside. I can't wait to walk through the gardens on my way to physio tonight. I always rush as fast as I can to get to the gardens, then I slowly walk through and admire the scenery. I can't wait to see my favorite tree today. There is a gorgeous old weeping willow in the park. In the summer, it's so nice and shady under it.

Your walk sounds very poetic Running Angel! :D
:) Some days when I am not in a good mood, I just love to lose myself in the parks or gardens. It makes me feel better. My dad used to bring me to the gardens when I was little. My mom and sister didn't want to go, so it would just be us. And when he was sick ten years ago and in the hospital, I would take him to the gardens. Every time I go back, I feel like he's there with me. It's nice.
Life is short. Stop whining!!- Jwolf

Return to “Walking”