Wacky Wednesday!!

A place for walkers to discuss their unique needs
Ken B
Lynn Williams

Wacky Wednesday!!

Postby Ken B » Wed May 24, 2006 6:22 pm

First walk this week. I had a nice 11 km walk at lunch to loosen up for this weekend's race.

luvmybabies
Johnny Miles

Postby luvmybabies » Wed May 24, 2006 7:37 pm

Nope no walk from me, had a doctor's app;t today and the doc told me to take it easy until I can get my thyroid straightened out. I am hypothyroid since I had my 1st son and taking replacement meds. Since my 2nd was born it has been out of whack again, racing heart, muscle soreness, fatigue etc. The Endocrinologist keeps adjusting the strength and told me not to push it too much until we get it straightened out. My brain says GO but my body says NO :roll: Hopefully we can get this under control soon, In the meantime I will live vicariously through all of you :P
Bridie

"I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see."
John Burroughs

pts
Lynn Williams

Postby pts » Wed May 24, 2006 7:43 pm

Bridie, sorry to hear that. I have a few friends who suffer from hyper or hypothyroids, and they have the energy issues all the time.

Does that mean your races are postponed? Best to get healthy first then think of these things afterwards!

luvmybabies
Johnny Miles

Postby luvmybabies » Wed May 24, 2006 7:47 pm

Erin, I am not giving up on those races yet! Hopefully this will be straightened out sooner than later. Tortoise, good luck with your marathon this week-end!
Bridie

"I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see."

John Burroughs

Size5
Lynn Williams

Postby Size5 » Wed May 24, 2006 8:19 pm

Bridie

Health first and everything else after that :)

Be well

S5
Vancouver 2012 Done!
Considering CIM 2012

Ken B
Lynn Williams

Postby Ken B » Wed May 24, 2006 8:57 pm

Nope no walk from me, had a doctor's app;t today and the doc told me to take it easy until I can get my thyroid straightened out. I am hypothyroid since I had my 1st son and taking replacement meds. Since my 2nd was born it has been out of whack again, racing heart, muscle soreness, fatigue etc. The Endocrinologist keeps adjusting the strength and told me not to push it too much until we get it straightened out. My brain says GO but my body says NO Hopefully we can get this under control soon, In the meantime I will live vicariously through all of you

We are all with you Bridie. Take care of yourself and good luck on getting the system back under control!!! :lol:

RA.
Kevin Sullivan

Postby RA. » Thu May 25, 2006 7:46 am

Yikes, Bridie! Yep, health definately comes first. Get that all straightened out, and you'll be back at it soon after!
Life is short. Stop whining!!- Jwolf

KaTyBrown
Bruce Kidd

Postby KaTyBrown » Thu May 25, 2006 7:49 am

Bridie!!!!

Health first - feet last! I have learned the doctors know what is best for us when it comes to health issues. (I learned the wrong way :( )
Take it easy, take care of yourself - you will be back on the road in no time.

Will be thinking of you Sunday at NCM! By the way, race nightmares? Yup, dreamt I forgot my socks, then was at a house that had no socks to loan me and even then they refused to let me buy new ones - yikes! :shock:
I have packed four pairs already to make sure I don't forget them.
could this be an omen ??? better pack my shorts too...... :)

Take care all,
Karen

Return to “Walking”