Thank you all!

A place for walkers to discuss their unique needs
KaTyBrown
Bruce Kidd

Thank you all!

Postby KaTyBrown » Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:38 pm

Just a thank you to all of you, runners and walker alike, for
all your support since my disasterous NCM walk.

I have printed and have read and re-read all your comments and have NOT given up and am now thinking of what to do next. Will only be another 10K to get me over this hurdle.

You are all a wonderful support group - you Maniacs are the best!
Thanks to all again :D
Karen

RA.
Kevin Sullivan

Postby RA. » Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:52 pm

I am glad to hear that you are moving on to the next challenge! That's great!
Life is short. Stop whining!!- Jwolf

hmacdonald
Bill Crothers

Postby hmacdonald » Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:14 am

That's great Karen.

Did you write a letter to the editor of the Ottawa Citizen? If so it was a very good letter, if not there is another woman named Karen who had almost the exact same experience as you did! :shock:

Heather

bruyere
Abby Hoffman

Postby bruyere » Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:59 am

hmacdonald wrote:That's great Karen.

Did you write a letter to the editor of the Ottawa Citizen? If so it was a very good letter, if not there is another woman named Karen who had almost the exact same experience as you did! :shock:

Heather

That was her!!! Can't view it online. :(
"I was thinking of you yesterday as I was running through the woods. As I jumped over a fallen tree I said "If I were [bruyere], I'd be bleeding by now"." - Turd Ferguson

KaTyBrown
Bruce Kidd

Postby KaTyBrown » Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:17 am

Yes, as Heather said - That was me! I was so appreciative of the care the doctors and nurses gave me I had to write. As for reading it online, we have to be a Ottawa Citizen subscriber in order to read it :( oh well, at least it made it for all to read.

Guess what! Montreal Marathon is looking reallllllly gooooood right now for the 10K walk....will register soon for it.

Happy running/walking all you friendly Maniacs.

Kelodie
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Kelodie » Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:53 pm

KaTyBrown wrote:Yes, as Heather said - That was me! I was so appreciative of the care the doctors and nurses gave me I had to write. As for reading it online, we have to be a Ottawa Citizen subscriber in order to read it :( oh well, at least it made it for all to read.

Guess what! Montreal Marathon is looking reallllllly gooooood right now for the 10K walk....will register soon for it.

Happy running/walking all you friendly Maniacs.

10K walk in Montreal... I'm considering trying to run/walk my first 10K in Montreal and I know it would take me between 1:15 and 1:20 to finish. Maybe we can cross the finish line together!!! :wink: If I don't run, I'll be there to cheer you when you come into the Olympic Stadium!!!
"Keep Going. Never Give Up" - Spencer
"Have a little faith in yourself and watch the magic begin" - Ironboy

Plans for 2014:
Run for Women 5K, May 11
Ottawa Race Weekend 10K, May 24

runjanerun
Jerome Drayton

Postby runjanerun » Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:07 pm

Way to go, bouncing back and setting a new goal! Is that the one in September, Karen? We will all be hoping for better weather conditions for you!
Jane

KaTyBrown
Bruce Kidd

Postby KaTyBrown » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:30 am

Yes! Montreal Marathon scheduled for Sept 10th. 10K walk/run starts at 8:30 -
I am planning on being at the start line! :D - at that time of morning it shouldn't be that hot :pray: so I will be able to do it.

Starting back on the roads training tomorrow morning with a 3k mini-walk :D (after doing practices for 21k 3km seems sooooo small) but baby steps back to road of recovery I have been told.

Wouldn't it be fun to complete the 10k together in Montreal?

Karen

Kelodie
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Kelodie » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:17 pm

KaTyBrown wrote:Yes! Montreal Marathon scheduled for Sept 10th. 10K walk/run starts at 8:30 -
I am planning on being at the start line! :D - at that time of morning it shouldn't be that hot :pray: so I will be able to do it.

Starting back on the roads training tomorrow morning with a 3k mini-walk :D (after doing practices for 21k 3km seems sooooo small) but baby steps back to road of recovery I have been told.

Wouldn't it be fun to complete the 10k together in Montreal?

Karen

You'll make us all very proud!
"Keep Going. Never Give Up" - Spencer
"Have a little faith in yourself and watch the magic begin" - Ironboy

Plans for 2014:
Run for Women 5K, May 11
Ottawa Race Weekend 10K, May 24

Bebette
Bill Crothers

Postby Bebette » Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:20 pm

bruyere wrote:
hmacdonald wrote:That's great Karen.

Heather

That was her!!! Can't view it online. :(

When was the letter published? I can certainly access it from our news site at work and send you a copy.

Karen, the weather was tough for a lot of participants and it is too bad that your race had to end that way. But, I am glad that you are recovering well and planning your next race.
I run because it's fun.

In another life:
3 marathons including Boston twice (PB: 3:47), 6 halfs (PB: 1:45), 6 10k (PB: 46:41) and 3 5ks (PB: 21:00)

KaTyBrown
Bruce Kidd

Postby KaTyBrown » Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:23 am

Bebette - thanks!

It was published last Wednesday in the Ott.Citizen. I would love to have a copy if you can do that please for me.

How do you get it to me PM? I don't know how to PM msgs to anyone yet. maybe you can teach me?

tks/Karen

hmacdonald
Bill Crothers

Postby hmacdonald » Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:42 am

KaTyBrown wrote:Bebette - thanks!

It was published last Wednesday in the Ott.Citizen. I would love to have a copy if you can do that please for me.

How do you get it to me PM? I don't know how to PM msgs to anyone yet. maybe you can teach me?

tks/Karen

Karen,

If you PM me your email address, I'll email the letter to you. I have it up on my monitor right now! (I'm a subscriber and have on-line access to the paper)

To PM me, click on PM underneath my name, and a message screen will pop up and you basically PM the same way that you post to a forum.

Heather

Return to “Walking”