I'm Back.... hopefully!

A place for walkers to discuss their unique needs
luvmybabies
Johnny Miles

I'm Back.... hopefully!

Postby luvmybabies » Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:43 am

Well after my doc told me to cut out the exercise until my thyroid got back in proper working order I felt a little sad to leave my goals behind for a bit. I have been still taking little short 10 minute walks here and there and of course chasing down my 2 little ones but still not the mental escape/break that you get when you go for a long stretch with music blasting in your ears!!! Last night I finally went for it! I walked for 40 minutes at a nice easy pace. I thoroughly enjoyed it soooooooo I am keeping my fingers crossed now that my body won't make me pay :P I originally planned 15 minutes but found that once I got started I couldn't stop!! I still could have kept going after the 40 minutes were up but I thought I better not push my luck too much. Hope you are all enjoying this beautiful Canada Day long week-end.
Bridie

"I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see."
John Burroughs

dgrant
Lynn Williams

Postby dgrant » Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:55 am

Great news. :D

Kelodie
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Kelodie » Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:04 am

Woohoo!!!! I'm so happy for you. :lol:
"Keep Going. Never Give Up" - Spencer
"Have a little faith in yourself and watch the magic begin" - Ironboy

Plans for 2014:
Run for Women 5K, May 11
Ottawa Race Weekend 10K, May 24

Robbie-T
Jerome Drayton

Postby Robbie-T » Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:48 am

Good work mommy, don't push it, you'll be on track with your goals again in no time.
Mississauga Marathon - 2:52
Around the Bay - 1:58
Click>> Race History
ItsMyRun.com

"If I'm running, it will be a good run" - Robbie-T

"I just hope that people look at it and say, 'Hey if this yahoo can do it, then I can do it too.' That'd be cool if people thought that. It's just a matter of putting the miles in and working. It's not so much how much talent you have. I hope." - Brian Sell.

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the Gift." - Pre

Irongirl
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Irongirl » Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:30 pm

yippee!! I was wondering where you'd been.... :)
i run for me.

Number of Maniacs Met: 225!

MINITEE
Lynn Williams

Postby MINITEE » Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:30 pm

Nice job Bridie...

15 minutes and you ended up being out there for 40 :shock: Way to go, but as Robbie said... don't push too hard, even though you may want to.

Take care & keep up the great work....
KEEP GOING, NEVER GIVE UP: Spencer D

Hey, be careful around me, apparently I'm a chronically offended kind of person... ;)

luvmybabies
Johnny Miles

Postby luvmybabies » Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:32 pm

You guys are so great :clap: I know my goals are pretty modest and you are all very kind to offer encouragement. Goes to show that people at all levels are welcome here :D
Bridie

"I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see."

John Burroughs

Marg
Site Admin

Postby Marg » Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:38 pm

That is awesome Bridie, congrats... nothing like that great "I'm back" feeling!! :D
Chilly 1/2 - March 4
Montreal 1/2 - April 29
NCM 1/2 - May 27
Manitoba 1/2 - June 17
Army 1/2 - Sept

deb
Bill Crothers

Postby deb » Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:55 pm

I'm glad to hear you are back at it!
somedays, even my lucky rocketship undies don't help

KaTyBrown
Bruce Kidd

Postby KaTyBrown » Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:45 pm

So very glad to read you are doing better! Like everyone says - do not push it! I am a perfect example of 'overdoing it' when the doctorman/lady told me not to...

Take it easy - one day at a time and one step will lead again to running.
:D
Karen

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:47 pm

Glad to hear that you are recovering well, KatyBrown .... 8)
Race Results: http://itsmyrun.com/index.php?display=p ... unner=HCiD

ChrisL
Jerome Drayton

Postby ChrisL » Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:53 pm

Way to go!!!!

Everyone's goal is different, but what's important is the journey...
Faster, stronger, meaner....Arrgh, matey!

If you are not first, you're last - Reese Bobby

KaTyBrown
Bruce Kidd

Postby KaTyBrown » Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:56 pm

HCD wrote:Glad to hear that you are recovering well, KatyBrown .... 8)

yah...well....am back on antibiotics,puffers, & prednisone etc since last week - guess I pushed myself after the fiasco of NCM :(
Doctors are saying that the asthma attack of May 28 did not every really clear up and just worsened. I was really discouraged yesterday when I went to my clinic and the ladies in it sent me home :oops: told me I was too sick to lead the clinic practice walk - they were right - came home, showered went to bed and slept two hours BUT tonight don't feel too bad - just wish the damn coughing would go a w a y!!!!!.
thanks for thinking of me. :)

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:59 pm

KaTyBrown wrote:

yah...well....am back on antibiotics,puffers, & prednisone etc since last week - guess I pushed myself after the fiasco of NCM :(
Doctors are saying that the asthma attack of May 28 did not every really clear up and just worsened. I was really discouraged yesterday when I went to my clinic and the ladies in it sent me home :oops: told me I was too sick to lead the clinic practice walk - they were right - came home, showered went to bed and slept two hours BUT tonight don't feel too bad - just wish the damn coughing would go a w a y!!!!!.

Yeah, I guess all this heat and high humidy, of recent days/weeks, haven't helped much, either, eh .... :cry: but, with only 8 weeks left of summer .... :shock:

KaTyBrown
Bruce Kidd

Postby KaTyBrown » Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:02 pm

HCD wrote:
KaTyBrown wrote:

Yeah, I guess all this heat and high humidy, of recent days/weeks, haven't helped much, either, eh .... :cry: but, with only 8 weeks left of summer .... :shock:

OH MY GOSH!!! YOU MEAN THERE IS MORE OF THIS GARBAGE TO COME?
I'll never last.... :cry: bring on those pills....

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:04 pm

KaTyBrown wrote:
HCD wrote:
KaTyBrown wrote:

OH MY GOSH!!! YOU MEAN THERE IS MORE OF THIS GARBAGE TO COME?
I'll never last.... :cry: bring on those pills....

Hoping all these thunderstorms will clear up the air, for ya, katybrown ... :pray:

Return to “Walking”