OMG! is it hot out there or what???

A place for walkers to discuss their unique needs
KaTyBrown
Bruce Kidd

OMG! is it hot out there or what???

Postby KaTyBrown » Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:38 am

:(
I HATE THE HEAT!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: There! Now I feel better, I went to walk this am with my group at the RR for the 10K Clinic - had planned a 10K walk but they talked me into an 8.5k - actually now that I think of it, we could have pushed it and done another 1.5k but HEY! it is only a 'practice' isn't it?

There were 3 from my group and 2 that attached themselves to us.
6 in total in the heat...hydrating. They must hate my nagging about hydrating :lol: but I insist on water and hat OR they don't come out with me - simple as that.
I have experienced heat stroke and know it can very easily happen so I will continue to nag...and encourage my gang.

Have a great week folks! & those who reg'd for that 20Min.Challenge at the RR Wednesday - Good Luck/Bonne chance a tous! :dance:

Karen

MINITEE
Lynn Williams

Re: OMG! is it hot out there or what???

Postby MINITEE » Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:45 pm

KaTyBrown wrote:They must hate my nagging about hydrating :lol: but I insist on water and hat OR they don't come out with me - simple as that.

Smart move on your part Karen... that's a great reminder for anyone... Glad to hear that you felt like you could keep on going once you hit your 8.5K... shows how far you are coming along.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Tracy
KEEP GOING, NEVER GIVE UP: Spencer D

Hey, be careful around me, apparently I'm a chronically offended kind of person... ;)

RA.
Kevin Sullivan

Postby RA. » Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:50 pm

Good job, KaTyBrown! Hats and drinks are definate musts in the heat, IMHO. Glad you didn't melt out there! We lucked in and had fog today in Hfx. I don't usually say that fog is good, but today it was a nice treat!
Life is short. Stop whining!!- Jwolf

luvmybabies
Johnny Miles

Postby luvmybabies » Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:55 pm

Yep it is very hot here too! Actually too hot for me to walk very much. I went into town with the double stroller and cruised the main street for a while but it is just a scorcher! I came home asap and jumped into the pool. We don't have air conditioning either so walking on the treadmill doesn't seem to be a better option. Oh well, I guess chasing after the boys is going to have to be my cross training until the heat lets up :P Sounds like you are running a very tight ship there KaTy,you can never be too careful in this heat and it sounds like you speak from experience about the effects this heat can have.
Bridie

"I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see."
John Burroughs

ChrisL
Jerome Drayton

Postby ChrisL » Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:30 pm

Yep, it's hot. I use it as a practice run for China in about a week.
Faster, stronger, meaner....Arrgh, matey!

If you are not first, you're last - Reese Bobby

luvmybabies
Johnny Miles

Postby luvmybabies » Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:50 am

Good luck at your race Chris, are you running a full marathon? This heat is something, hopefully it won't be this hot for you on race day :lol:
Bridie

"I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see."

John Burroughs

Return to “Walking”