Eastern Ontario Dion Snowshoe race 2014

You didn't need those toenails, did you?
ceileigh
Bill Crothers

Eastern Ontario Dion Snowshoe race 2014

Postby ceileigh » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:36 am

With all the cold weather and the snow in Buffalo I figured it's not too early to post this :D
The Eastern Ontario Dion Snowshoe series is on again for 2014. There is another race added this year - a NIGHT race
Ignite the Night 5K and 10K at Upper Canada Village, Morrisburg! Funds from this race will benefit "Beyond 21" - a day program for developmentally challenged adults, 21 years of age and older. I work for B21 so am helping to organize this race! Hope to see some Maniacs there! Looks like a great race! There is also opportunity for families to try out snowshoes before the race!
Information on the Eastern Ontario Dion Series: http://healthandadventure.com/races/
Information on Beyond 21: http://beyond21.org/
Information on Ignite the Night: http://beyond21.org/events/snow-shoe-run/

erinmcd
Bill Crothers

Re: Eastern Ontario Dion Snowshoe race 2014

Postby erinmcd » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:26 am

I'm planning on being at the Ignite the Night race- looks really neat!

I'm helping to organize the one in Brighton. Last year was supposed to be the first year for it, but we get so much snow the night before we had to cancel it since the road into the park was impassable..........
Keep on rolling, just a mile to go. Keep on rolling my old buddy, you're moving much too slow.

ceileigh
Bill Crothers

Postby ceileigh » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:41 pm

There is another in our area at the Summerstown Trails. Last year we had an ice storm the morning of that race. I'm hoping for good weather for this one. They are prepared to host a trail run if we don't get enough snow but with the way winter is looking ... :roll:

ngcaper
Tom Longboat

Postby ngcaper » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:43 pm

erinmcd wrote:I'm planning on being at the Ignite the Night race- looks really neat!

I'm helping to organize the one in Brighton. Last year was supposed to be the first year for it, but we get so much snow the night before we had to cancel it since the road into the park was impassable..........

Plan to run it as well...lets make sure we get a chance to say hi to each other.
Beer, the cause of and solution to all of lifes problems.

2015 Races:
The Limberlost Challenge 56k
Dam Wakley Damn 55k
I2P Run 50k
Grand 2 Grand 273k

erinmcd
Bill Crothers

Postby erinmcd » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:24 am

ngcaper wrote:
erinmcd wrote:I'm planning on being at the Ignite the Night race- looks really neat!

Plan to run it as well...lets make sure we get a chance to say hi to each other.

For sure!
Keep on rolling, just a mile to go. Keep on rolling my old buddy, you're moving much too slow.

Return to “Ultras and Trail Running”