LGS buys Sugoi/Sombrio

Clothing, accessories, equipment, etc.
MrBond
Bill Crothers

LGS buys Sugoi/Sombrio

Postby MrBond » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:13 pm

Press release-

On its 35th Anniversary, Louis Garneau Sports (LGS) celebrates by making a strategic acquisition of Sugoi Performance Apparel​ and Sombrio​.
SUGOI, founded in 1987 by two Vancouver entrepreneurs, specializes in cycling, triathlon and running apparel. It is also home to Sombrio®, a mountain bike apparel brand well-known among fans of this sport. Sombrio has been in existence for over 15 years, with designs inspired by Vancouver’s North Shore.
“We are reinventing ourselves because cycling is not only about the professionals, it is also a lifestyle. We will be touching many categories of cycling through apparel. We want to become the leader by introducing a ready-to-wear bike apparel segment for people who practice active transportation, making biking accessible and fun for everyone and, in doing so, create a cycling lifestyle. We want to be the world’s cycling solution with our brand portfolio,” Louis Garneau explains.
“This is my legacy to my three children… this Never Give Up philosophy that is my motto, and which is demonstrated through this acquisition,” the Saint-Augustin-de-Desmaures businessman states.
The Garneau family is very proud of this acquisition, especially in the context of William, Edouard and Victoria working to bring the company to the next level and, why not, do better than Dad!
"You're in over your head Donny..."

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Re: LGS buys Sugoi/Sombrio

Postby ultraslacker » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:41 am

oh.... I hope they don't change Sugoi. :/
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

eme
Lynn Williams

Postby eme » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:26 am

ultraslacker wrote:oh.... I hope they don't change Sugoi. :/

That is my worry too :(

La
Kevin Sullivan

Postby La » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:59 am

I love Sugoi, too. LG makes good stuff, too (my favourite pair of tri shorts are LG, as is my commuter bike). Nice to hear a Canadian company being bought by another Canadian company!
"Maybe I will be my own inspiration." - UltraMonk (Laura)
"Everywhere is walking distance if you have enough time." - Steven Wright

Return to “Gearing Up”